Cryolipolysis also known as fat freezing is a treatment that was introduced in late 2010 as an alternative to fat loss. This is a process were fats cells are destroyed through freezing. The process takes place in a controlled manner were temperatures ranging from +5 to – 5 C is applied on the invasive fat deposits, in order to reshape the body. The purpose of this is to cause the cell death to subcutaneous fat tissue, without damaging the surrounding skin tissue.
Compared to other fat removal procedures such as liposuction, at time it is referred to as “scar free fat removal.”
Like other treatments it has its pros and cons you should know.
- Allows the body the body to eliminate the body fat cells on its own.
- It is an on painful procedure because it does not involve any cutting.
- If you are a working class individual this is a good procedure for you because it only takes an hour of treatment and a couple of minutes for the freezing to subside.
- At around $1,068 and up, it is quite expensive for ordinary folks.
- Since it does not skills dependent, the vacuum head on the machine suctions the skin in to freeze. Therefore the probability of uneven removal is high according to cosmetic dermatologist Paul Jarrod Frank.
- You need more than one treatment. If you’re expecting to get a one-time treatment then this is not your option. It is wise to consult a doctor and get a clear picture of the treatment plan before making a decision.
If you have the money and want a fast way of working on lumps and bumps then fat freezing is one good option for you to resort to for a dramatic change in your body structure.